Berkeley International Office’s mission is to enhance the academic experiences of international students and scholars by providing the highest levels of knowledge and expertise in advising, immigration services, advocacy, and programming to the UC Berkeley campus community. See our Strategic Plan for a full description of our vision, mission and strategic goals.
- Advising support for nonimmigrant students, scholars, staff, and faculty
- Visa document production for nonimmigrant students and scholars
- A wide variety of programs and workshops
- Training and support for campus department administrators
- Permanent resident petitions for international faculty
Student Advisors are available on a daily basis. Students can choose to see an Adviser during our drop-in periods or by making an appointment (“Drop-in” means you don’t need an appointment—simply stop by our office and sign-up). The Adviser on duty will see you on a first come, first serve basis.
Drop-in Student Advising hours: 10-12 and 1:30-4pm (Monday - Friday)
Advising for Visiting Scholars, Professors and Researchers
Due to the complex nature of scholar cases, we encourage you to make a one-hour appointment by calling our main office at (510) 642-2818. Drop-in advising for visiting scholars or faculty seeking permanent resident status is not currently available.
More About Us
- Organizational Chart
- Strategic Plan 2011-2014
- Strategic Plan Progress Report October 2012 [ppt]
- 2003-2008 Five Year Review [ppt]
- 2009-2011 Three Year Review [ppt]