Berkeley International Office's mission is to enhance the academic experiences of international students and scholars by providing the highest levels of knowledge and expertise in advising, immigration services, advocacy, and programming to the UC Berkeley campus community. See our Strategic Plan for a full description of our strategic goals.
Our Core Values
- Understanding and helping people
- Passion & enthusiasm for what we do
- Excellence in everything we do
- Advising for nonimmigrant students, scholars, staff, and faculty
- Visa document production for nonimmigrant students and scholars
- Programs and workshops for students and scholars
- Training and support for campus administrators and faculty
- Permanent resident petitions for international faculty
Our Student Advising Hours
Students can see an Advisor during our daily drop-in periods ("drop-in" means you don't need an appointment). The Advisor on duty will see you on a first come, first serve basis. You are also welcome to call and make an appointment in advance.
Drop-in Student Advising hours:
10-12 and 1:30-4pm (Monday - Friday)
Meet our Student Advisors
Meet & connect with our BIO International Student Advisors here. You can get to know the Advisors, find contact information, and see a list of each Advisor's liasion units.
Our Advising for Visiting Scholars, Professors and Researchers
Due to the complex nature of scholar cases, we encourage you to make a one-hour appointment by calling our main office at (510) 642-2818. Drop-in advising for visiting scholars or faculty seeking permanent resident status is not currently available.