International Student Arrival Confirmation
Required Online Arrival Confirmation
All New, Transfer, EAP, and Returning (withdrawn for one semester or more) F-1/J-1 international students are required confirm their arrival in the U.S. in order to activate their F-1/J-1 immigration records.
After your arrival in the U.S., please do the following:
- Update your LOCAL U.S. address and LOCAL phone in Cal Central (temporary or short-term addresses are accepted).
- Click here for where to update your address in Cal Central.
- To update your Local address
- Line 1 - enter your address number first, followed by the street name. (e.g.123 Sample St)
- Line 2 - add the apartment or room number. You do not need to include the name of the building. (e.g. Rm 10)
- City - enter Name of the US City you live in (e.g. Berkeley)
- State - California
- Zip Code - Five digit number for your Area. Cities like Berkeley and San Francisco have many Zip Codes in the same city. Use the right one for your address.
- Also remember to update your US phone number.
- Your permanent address should remain your foreign address.
- Example of a full and correct local address
- Line 1 - 123 Sample St
- Line 2 - Rm 10
- City - Berkeley
- State - CA
- Zip Code - 94720
- Look up your I-94 Arrival Record online. Download/take a screen shot and save it on your computer.
If you cannot find your I-94 online or if there are errors in your record, please visit Berkeley International Office. Our advising hours are Monday-Friday, 10:00am-12:00pm and 1:30pm-4:00pm.
- Upload the saved file or screen shot of your I-94 Record here. Please do this after arrival to the U.S., but no more than 30 days prior to your I-20/DS-2019 start date