Our Programs and Workshops
Travel Signature Day!
Friday, May 17 | 9am-4pm | @I-House Great Hall
All F and J visa holders planning to re-enter the U.S. after a visit abroad need valid travel signatures on their I-20s(F) or DS-2019s(J) from an Advisor at Berkeley International Office given within the past 12 months. We recommend you get a "fresh" travel signature if your current one is more than 10 months old.
The H-1B and Other Employment-Based Visas
Wednesday, May 23 | 10-12pm | @I-House Sproul Room
The main focus of this workshop are the H-1B eligibility requirements, eligible professional occupations, application process, and timing concerns. The presentation will touch upon other non-immigrant employment-based visas, such as the E-3, TN, L-1, and O-1, and will provide a general overview of the employment-based green card options for US permanent residence.
- Employee eligibility criteria
- Types of jobs appropriate for H-1B
- Minimum salary requirements
- Employer's role
- Application timing challenges
- Updates on pending legislation
- Options for F/J students/scholars
Two Year Home Country Physical Presence Requirement
Thursday, May 23 | 2-4pm | @I-House Sproul Room
This general meeting is for UC Berkeley international students and scholars whose immigration status is J-1 and J-2 and who are "subject" to the two-year home country physical presence requirement. Not all J exchange visitors are subject to this requirement.
- What makes a J exchange visitor "subject"
- Strategies for timing the application for a waiver
- When to see an advisor at Berkeley International Office