The main focus of this workshop are the H-1B eligibility requirements, eligible professional occupations, application process, and timing concerns. The presentation will touch upon other non-immigrant employment-based visas, such as the E-3, TN, L-1, and O-1, and will provide a general overview of the employment-based green card options for US permanent residence.
If you are considering hiring a person as an H-1B at UC Berkeley, please contact Berkeley International Office at 642-2818 or email us at email@example.com. This workshop does not focus on UC Berkeley internal policies and procedures.
- Employee eligibility criteria
- Types of jobs appropriate for H-1B
- Minimum salary requirements
- Employer's role
- Application timing challenges
- Updates on pending legislation
- Options for F/J students/scholars
Meetings will be held at International House, 2299 Piedmont Avenue.
- Wednesday, April 16, 10am-12pm
- Tuesday, May 13, 2-4pm
Summer Break - no workshops scheduled
- Wednesday, October 1, 2-4pm
- Wednesday, November 12, 10am-12pm