The Global Student Ambassador Program is currently closed, but may re-open at a future date.
Become a Global Student Ambassador!
Berkeley International Office (BIO) provides services to approximately 8,000 international students each year, including new student orientation, immigration advising, and networking opportunities. Global Student Ambassadors assist BIO in meeting the needs of the varied and diverse UC Berkeley international student population.
The GSA program provides unique opportunities for GSAs to:
- Gain an in-depth look at International Student and Scholar Services and the field of International Education
- Foster a mentor/mentee relationship in an office renowned for its high-performance culture.
- Gain direct exposure and interaction with international students
- Enhance their skills in event planning, project management, leadership, and communication.
- Further develop cross-cultural understanding and intercultural skills
- Obtain a Certificate of Achievement upon successful completion of the program (this is an unpaid experience)
- Set personal and professional goals with a supervising adviser; receive continued support throughout the program
- Provide student perspective and input into projects and programs
- Assist with large- and small-scale social event planning
- Serve the international student population by enhancing BIO's social media and technology efforts
“My experience as a GSA was extremely enriching because it granted me the opportunity to develop my communication and planning skills in an environment that was supportive and fun.”
“I used to think leadership was about [...] telling people what to do. Now, I understand that [leadership] is about motivating and inspiring others. It's about helping each other along the way and becoming the best you can be, together.”