Enrollment Requirements for Summer

Visiting Summer International Students

See Full-time Enrollment for Summer.

Fall Admits to UC Berkeley Starting in Summer

If you have been admitted to begin a degree program at UC Berkeley in the Fall term, but you will begin your program early by enrolling in Summer Sessions, you will most likely receive an I-20 or DS-2019 with a starting date for the Summer Session you have selected. In this case, you must maintain your full-time enrollment through the summer period.

However, if you are a Transfer student beginning early, full-time enrollment may not be required if your I-20 or DS-2019 start date is for the Fall. If you are a Transfer student and have full-time enrollment questions, please contact BIOSummer@berkeley.edu .

UC Berkeley Degree-Seeking Students

Students continuing a degree program at UC Berkeley who were registered in the Spring term and plan to register again in the Fall are not required to take full-time classes during their summer vacation period.