Rates, Dates, and FAQs for Temporary Housing
Newly admitted undergraduate students, graduate students and post-doctoral fellows are eligible for temporary housing. Undergraduate and graduate students are required to set up their CalNet ID and passphase in order to log into the online housing application. Post-doctoral fellows will need to access the self-registration process to gain access to the online housing application.
1. Go to the online application home page.
2. In the top left corner, click on the "Visit University login page" link.
3. Enter your CalNet ID and passphrase to log in. Post-doctoral fellows should first create an account using the self-registration process. Click the following link to self-register: Self-Register. Once there, click the register tab at the top of the portal page to start the application process. (For a tutorial on Self-Registering, please see the video below.)
4. Select Summer Transition 2018 as the housing term for which you are applying.
5. Follow each step of the online application, selecting "Save & Continue" at the bottom of each page.
6. Once you have completed Phase 1, you will not be able to proceed past Step 7. Your application has now been submitted. You will receive an email regarding the status of your temporary housing application within 7 business days of submission.
For more information, including a set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), please see the Temporary Summer Housing page from Berkeley Housing.
If you require additional assistance with the online application process, you may contact the Summer Sessions Housing Office at: