GLACIER Tax Prep (GTP)
To assist international students and scholars with tax concerns, Berkeley International Office is sponsoring free access to GLACIER Tax Prep (GTP), a tax software designed exclusively for international students, scholars, teachers, researchers, trainees and their dependents who are non-resident aliens for tax purposes in the U.S. for the 2016 calendar year.
The following individuals are eligible to use the GLACIER Tax Prep program sponsored by Berkeley International Office:
- F-1 and J-1 students enrolled at UCB in 2016
- UCB F-1 students on Optional Practical Training in 2016
- UCB J-1 students on Academic Training in 2016
- Current J-1 Visiting Scholars affiliated with UCB in 2016
- Former J-1 Visiting Scholars affiliated with UCB in 2016
- F-2 and J-2 dependents of the above mentioned
Caution: Before accessing GLACIER Tax Prep, make sure you have all W-2 or 1042-S forms from the institutions where you worked or were awarded honorarium, stipends, or fellowships in 2016.
- Students or scholars who received a 1042-S from UC Berkeley:
Follow the instructions in the email sent from email@example.com.
- Students or scholars who never received funding from UC Berkeley, received a 1042-S but are no longer in the U.S. or received a W-2: Request an access code with our Google Form.
- Students or scholars who never received any income from a U.S. source: Follow the online presentation.
GLACIER Tax Prep Features:
- Form 8843 Filing
- Form 1040NR & 1040NR-EZ Filing
- Tax treaty analysis
- Year round access to the software
- Access to previous tax returns
- Your basic information saved for annual use