Please email us with your specific questions as follows:
|Summer Session Visa Questionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|J-1 Visiting Scholarsemail@example.com|
|H-1B UCB Employeesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tax Filing (General Questions Only)||email@example.com|
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (There is no advising on Wednesdays)
One-on-One Virtual Advising
One-on-one advising with a BIO advisor. You will be placed into a virtual waiting room until it's your turn. For non-urgent issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 10 am - 12 pm and 1-4 pm.
- Join the waiting room between 10-11 am for morning advising and 1-3 pm for afternoon advising. (Note: although the Zoom meeting may appear "open" after these cutoff times, we can only guarantee that an advisor will meet with you if you entered the waiting room by the posted cutoff time. Students entering the waiting room after the cutoff times may be seen if advisor availability allows.
- What to expect when you join the Zoom waiting room: We are currently experiencing very long wait times. Please allow an hour or more to be signed in for advising. After you are signed in, you will return to the waiting room and will be notified when an advisor is ready to meet with you (this may take another hour). We are doing our best to sign students in and see them as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience!
- Access Instructions:
- Web access: Join Zoom meeting using this link
- OR Phone access: call +1 669-900-6833
And enter Meeting ID code: 992-1347-3593 #
When asked for your Participant ID, select #
Advising for J-1 Visiting Scholars, Professors, Researchers and Student Researchers, or H-1B UCB Employees
Due to the complex nature of scholar cases, we encourage you to make an appointment by calling our main office at 1-510-642-2818 or emailing questions to email@example.com. If you are an H-1B UCB employee, please make an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holiday Closure Dates 2020
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Monday, January 20|
|President's Day||Monday, February 17|
|Cesar Chavez Day||Friday, March 27|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 25|
|Independence Day||Friday, July 3|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 7|
|Veteran's Day||Wednesday, November 11|
|Thanksgiving||Thursday, November 26 & Friday, November 27|
|Winter Break||Thursday, December 24, 2020–Friday, January 1, 2021|