Financial Aid for International Students

Financial Assistance & Scholarship Resources

All F-1 and J-1 international students are required to show proof of funding for a minimum of one year with the expectation that they will continue to have access to that funding throughout their education. In some cases, there are unexpected changes in a student's financial situation that require them to seek external support to continue their studies. Below are a list of resources available through the Berkeley International Office and other sources that can help international students with unexpected financial challenges to complete their degree program.