Berkeley International Office's mission is to enhance the academic experiences of international students and scholars by providing the highest levels of knowledge and expertise in advising, immigration services, advocacy, and programming to the UC Berkeley campus community. See our Strategic Plan for a full description of our strategic goals.
Our Core Values
- Understanding and helping people
- Passion and enthusiasm for what we do
- Excellence in everything we do
- Advising for nonimmigrant students, scholars, staff, and faculty
- Visa document production for nonimmigrant students and scholars
- Programs and workshops for students and scholars
- Training and support for campus administrators and faculty
- U.S. permanent resident petitions for international faculty
Our Student Advising Hours
Advising for J-1 Visiting Scholars, Professors, Researchers and Student Researchers, or H-1B UCB Employees
Due to the complex nature of scholar cases, we encourage you to email questions and/or request an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an H-1B UCB employee, please make an appointment by emailing email@example.com.