H-1B Temporary Workers

The H-1B is an employer-sponsored, non-immigrant visa classification that allows temporary work in the U.S. in specialty occupations. A broad range of professional occupations qualify for H-1B. See our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.

Required International Scholar Dossier (ISD) Training Meetings

Training is required for UCB staff who will be submitting H-1B requests through the International Scholar Dossier system for the first time.

If you are currently working on a case, please bring it to the meeting for review.

Email h1b@berkeley.edu to schedule training or contact an Advisor if you are new to the process or have any H-1B questions.

For More Information

Contact the employment-based visa team: