These online webinars, presented by advisors at Berkeley International Office, are designed to help you make a smooth transition to UC Berkeley.
Register for the webinars by following the links below. All times are in Pacific Standard Time. Links to recordings of the webinars will be posted below after they have taken place. Youku/Tudou users may access the recordings here.
- Applying for Your Student Visa (July 15 recording, presentation slides)
- Housing in the Bay Area (recording, presentation slides)
- Preparing for Your First Year Experience (recording, presentation slides)
- Undergrad Academic Success and Culture (recording, presentation slides)
- Grad Academic Success and Culture (recording, presentation slides)
- New International Transfer Students (recording, presentation slides)
- Financial Planning for Life in the Bay Area (recording, presentation slides)
BIO Web Series
Stay tuned to this spot for the BIO Web Series where international students show you how to navigate situations like finding housing, choosing course and social settings.
Youku/Tudou users may access the Web Series here.
- The Exchange Visitor Program Welcome Brochure
- Know Your Rights: An information pamphlet describing your rights while working in the United States.
U.S. Department of Agriculture Resources
Accessing UC Berkeley resources from abroad
Berkeley International Office recommends that students who are physically in China access bMail and other UC Berkeley resources using the campus VPN, which allows anyone with a CalNet login access to any needed internet resources, whether those resources are on- or off-campus. The UC Berkeley Libraries website has instructions for accessing the Campus VPN. For access to off-campus internet resources that are inaccessible in China, we recommend connecting with Full Tunnel VPN, rather than Split Tunnel.