About the Program
Berkeley International Office (BIO) hosts orientation events before the start of each semester to welcome new international students and help them adjust to their new life at UC Berkeley. BIO is looking for 20-40 degree seeking students in good academic standing to serve as Orientation Leaders (OLs) and help facilitate orientation activities. OL's should have a strong desire to assist new students, possess communication and leadership skills.
- Serve as a role model and resource to new international students and their families during orientation
- Facilitate ice-breakers and lead team-building activities
- Assist in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of International Student Orientation
- Participate in student panels or give presentations or campus tours for new international students and their families
- Perform in orientation skits addressing common cultural transition issues of international students at UC Berkeley
- Perform other duties as assigned by BIO staff
You can find more information about our orientation here.
- OL Training: 4 hours for the spring semester, 6 hours for the fall semester
- Orientation: 4 hours for the spring semester, 6 hours for the fall semester