Be a Spring 2019 Orientation Leader!
Did you know? UC Berkeley has more than 8000 international students from over 135 different countries. Berkeley International Office (BIO) hosts a half day of orientation events before the start of apring semester to welcome new international EAP students and help them adjust to their new life at UC Berkeley. BIO is looking for 15 outstanding Orientation Leaders (OLs) to help facilitate orientation activities on January 18, 2019.
- OL Training: January 17, 2019. Time is TBD
- Orientation: January 18, 2019 from 8am - 12pm.
- Full-time student at UC Berkeley in good academic standing – we welcome both international and domestic students
- Possess leadership, problem-solving, and team-building skills as demonstrated by past leadership experience
- Be available for all of the above listed training and orientation events
Orientation Leader Duties:
- Serve as a role model and a resource to new international students and their families during orientation week
- Perform in orientation skits addressing common cultural transition issues of international students at UC Berkeley
- Facilitate ice-breakers and lead team-building activities
- Participate in student panels or give presentations for new international students and their families
- Assist in preparation, implementation, and evaluation of International Student Orientation
- Perform other duties as assigned by BIO staff
Why Should I Apply?
Serving as an OL is a great opportunity to explore your leadership traits, develop intercultural communication skills, and is an excellent addition to your resume. Foster a mentor-mentee relationship in an office renowned for its high-performance culture. You will also receive an Orientation Leader T-shirt and a Cal bag!
How do I Apply?
Please fill out the application form.
Contact Anna McCreedy at email@example.com.