Welcome and Thank You to Parents & Families of International Students
When international students prepare to embark on the journey to UC Berkeley, they very rarely do so alone. Parents, family, and friends play a big role-- even from a distance-- in offering support throughout a student's university career.
The International Parent & Family 2017-18 Calendar is designed to give families some suggestions about how and when to offer support while students are at Berkeley. We hope that parents, family, and friends will refer to the calendar often.
Stay informed and check out the resources below:
- Fall Orientation for Parents of International Students
- Dining Suggestions in the Area
- UC Berkeley Academic Calendar
- Cal Parents
- The Arrival Guide for New Students
- Homecoming: Parents Weekend
- Housing: Parent page
- The Daily Cal: campus newspaper
Are You a Student Coming to UC Berkeley with Dependents?
See the Family Matters section of our website for links to resources for students with accompanying family.