Address Notification Requirements

All F-1 and J-1 students are required to report and maintain a local U.S. address with the Department of Homeland Security within 10 days of arrival and within 10 days of any address change. This must be your local residential address -- the address where you are currently living in the US. Campus departmental addresses, P.O. Boxes, and foreign addresses are not acceptable for immigration purposes.

U.S. Address Formatting

Be sure to report a complete, correctly formatted address, including a room or apartment number, if applicable. 

Example: Description
123 Sample St.     Line 1: street address
Apt 2B    Line 2: room, unit, or apartment number.
Required if you live in a multi-unit building.
Leave blank only if you live in a house.
Berkeley City
CA State
94704 ZIP code

Not sure how to format your U.S. address correctly? Not sure what your ZIP code is? Search it on the USPS website for address correction/validation.

Updating Your Current Address

Use the links below to report or update your local U.S. address.  Berkeley International Office office will forward this address electronically to the Department of Homeland Security by reporting it in your F-1 or J-1 SEVIS record.

Current UC Berkeley students:

Report or update your address in your CalCentral profile using the address type "Local."
To view or edit your CalCentral profile information, log into CalCentral and click your name at the top right corner.

UC Berkeley students on F-1 OPT or F-1 STEM OPT:

Please see our OPT Reporting for more information regarding address and employment updates during Post-Completion OPT and STEM OPT Extension.

UC Berkeley students on J-1 Post-Completion Academic Training:

Please see our J-1 Academic Training Reporting page for more information regarding address and employment updates during J-1 Post-Completion Academic Training.